Alrighty...
Day 2 was amazing to say the least! We got up shortly after 8:00 and were on the 21st floor for breakfast before 9:00. Breakfast was delicious! I had an omelet with ham and cheese, along with many different breads, a fresh mango, and an awesome passion fruit! I can't get over the fruit here! It is all so fresh and wonderful! Not to mention the freshly squeezed fruit juices.
After breakfast we went back to the room to gather our books and make sure we had everything for the convention. Then by around 11 we were on the bus and on our way to Estadio Monumental, our convention stadium. The ride was about an hour long and the whole way there we saw our brothers and sisters on other buses also on their way to the stadium. There were so many of us!
As soon as we got to the stadium we could feel the emotion behind it all. Native sisters were coming up to me and mom from every direction and kissing us on the cheek and saying, "Bienvenidos" or "Muy bonita"! I saw people from all over looking at me and pointing (I'm guessing they don't see too many redheads). And many of them asked if they could take my picture. Mom thinks that it was the combination of the red hair and blue eyes. They don't see many blue eyes either. But I still can't get over all of the affection and all of the kisses. There is so much love it’s indescribable! Yesterday I liked Peru, today I love it! It was only day 1 of the convention, but there was so much love that it felt as if it were the last day. I'm so excited about going back tomorrow!
After the convention we all got back on the bus and headed toward the hotel. Once there, we ran inside, put our convention things away and headed right back out to get dinner. We ate at this really great restaurant a couple blocks away called Parquetito. I got this fantastic shrimp and rice dish! Right after we placed our order, we noticed a whole table behind us with a group of witnesses. Some were from Peru and others were from Columbia. They were so sweet! We talked to them for quite a while and exchanged contact information, and hope to be in touch soon. We fell in love with the friends at that table!
Once dinner was over we came back to the hotel. Now it's time for bed. Way past time for bed actually. We have to be up by 4:30 tomorrow because we leave the hotel at 7:00 and they are serving breakfast from 5:00-6:00. It's going to be a long tiring day, but no doubt amazing!
Well, I'm off to bed. So keep checking in because I'll keep posting!
Buenas Noches!
- Megansita -
P.S. Don't forget to check out the pictures too!
No comments:
Post a Comment